My 2010 Anti-Resolutions
December 29, 2009
The rules are simple:
- List ten things you resolve not to do in the upcoming year.
- Be as creative as possible.
To get thing rolling, here are…
My 2010 New Year’s Anti-Resolutions
- I will not free up room to take in borders by convincing my kids to sleep in more “convenient” places—like the oven or bathtub.
- I will not try to spice up the Winter Olympics in my house, by convincing each family member that they were adopted from various cold-weather countries.
- I will not open job interviews by asking if I should have listed my RockBand Drum skills on my resume.
- I will not try to push day-glo sombreros as the next fashion trend.
- I will not hang around the seafood section of the grocery store trying to convince the patrons to throw their “catches” back.
- I will not attempt to create balance in the universe by making only left hand turns.
- I will not try to addict my kids to crystal-meth in order to take wagers on who can resist the longest.
- I will not try use my old boxer shorts as material for a “more interesting” type of quilt.
- I will not try to become famous by faking an Easter Bunny sighting by supplying a fake pelt as evidence.
- I will not use the ridiculous number of Slurpees I buy Jeni as justification to initiate a hostile takeover of the nearby convenience store.
Dale learned his lesson last year, and will ring in THIS new year with every good luck tradition he can scrounge together.